Renew Bariatrics is a weight-loss surgical center located in Tijuana, Mexico that provides affordable weight loss surgery using sufficient hospital facilities and qualified surgeons. They have had success in offering truly low price packages for high-quality obesity-treating surgeries that help lose weight and reduce obesity-related health problems.
About Renew Bariatrics
Founded in 2017, Renew Bariatrics is a weight loss surgery company based in Tijuana, Mexico. They offer low-cost, safe, and low complication rate procedures. They offer an alternative to expensive surgery compared to other countries. Its mission is committing to conquering obesity, and they have already completed over 2,000+ successful surgeries. Renew Bariatrics mainly specializes in Gastric Sleeve Surgery. Their main office is located in Sacramento, California.
One of Renew Bariatrics’s responsibilities is having daily reviews and background checks on their surgeons. They do this to make sure the surgeons are always up to date on the bariatric studies and always using advanced medical technologies. Renew Bariatrics also works with many advanced weight loss surgery companies from the USA and Canada. Together they exchange knowledge and teachings in the bariatric field.
At Renew Bariatrics, we understand that everyone is different and needs a customized weight loss plan. We have top-rated surgeons and patient coordinators to guide you throughout the process. If you have any questions, they will be the first ones there to help you.
Surgeons and Surgical Team
At Renew Bariatrics they are given the title “Best Bariatric Surgeons in Mexico.” These are the surgeons that they refer their patients to;
- Dr. Luis Cervantes – Note: Dr. Luis Cervantes is longer found on RenewBariatrics.com, which suggests he is no longer represented by Renew Bariatrics.
- Dr. Hector Perez Corzo – With 15+ years of experience in the bariatrics field and dedicating his life to helping people fight obesity, Dr. Hector Perez worked his way up to become the senior surgeon at Renew Bariatrics. He works with his team, mentoring and guiding them to perform the best possible surgery for people.
- Dr. Rene Armenta Valenzuela – With 8+ years of experience in bariatrics procedures, Dr. Rene Armenta has performed over 1,000+ successful surgeries. He also has a medical degree from a world-renown university called Centro Estudios Universitario Xochicalco.
- Dr. Jorge Luis Green – Dr. Jorge Green has 15+ years of experience working as a bariatric surgeon. He received his medical degree from the Universidad Autonoma de Baja Calfornia of Tijuana. He works with many patients and always has a caring heart for them because he understands their struggles. Dr. Green many focuses on the gastric sleeve, gastric bypass, revisional surgeries, and lap-band.
- Dr. Antonio Cueva Chong – Dr. Antonio Cueva Chong is a bariatric patient himself, as he underwent weight loss surgery and has never looked back since then. Now he is on a mission to help others fight obesity. He and his team have performed over 1,500+ successful surgeries.
- Dr. Luis Montano – Note: As of 1/28/2020, Dr. Luis Montano is longer found on RenewBariatrics.com, which suggests he is no longer represented by Renew Bariatrics.
Hospital Facilities & Surgical Centers
These are the surgical centers in Mexico used By RenewBariatrics. They have someone watching over you 24/7 yet they use multiple facilities in Mexico including;
- Oasis of Hope Hospital, Tijuana – The Oasis of Hope hospital is based in Tijuana, Mexico. The neighborhood surrounding it has many cancer treatment centers. Thus this hospital also provides treatment for cancer patients as well.
- Victoria Medical Center, Cancun – Victoria Medical Center in Cancun, Mexico, is a hospital with many advanced medical technologies. The operating rooms are US standards and patient care is 24/7.
- Hospital Guadalajara, Guadalajara – Founded in 1959, Hospital Guadalajara is a facility that treats many patients with almost any health issues ranging from neurology to cardiology.
What’s Included in Their Packages
Renew Bariatrics offers the following packages for a cost-effective price;
- All-Inclusive Pricing
- Gastrointestinal leak tests
- Transportation to/from San Diego airport to Tijuana or Cancun airport to the facility
- Surgeon costs
- Hotel/recovery house stay
- Hospital/facility costs
Medical Tourism Insurance– No Longer Included
- Take-home pain, antibiotic medicine
- Your Hospital Room
- Preoperative tests
Procedures and Pricing
- Gastric Sleeve Surgery – Starting at $3,899; roughly an 80% discount from the price in the United States
- RNY Gastric Bypass – Packages start at $6,299, which includes medical tourism insurance
- Gastric Balloon – The cost for self-pay starts at $2,999
- Duodenal Switch – Self-pay starting at $5,999 (lower than bypass!)
*Prices are all cash-based. Prices for High BMI are an additional $500. In the case of financing, there may be a $150 added fee. The total cost will differ among many every individual is different. They accept almost any payment option:
- Cash Payment
- Credit Card Payment
- Money Orders
- Wire Transfers
There is also medical tourism insurance that offers people financing and insurance coverage for those who need it.
Patient Reviews and Ratings
“Best Decision for a Clinic EVER! I have lost 45 pounds in 4 months and feel amazing without 1 complication at all! The staff is great – there is 1 nurse for almost every patient. The hospital is state of the art. Tijuana was so safe I never felt anxious, and I went alone at 57 years old! Do it! You won’t regret it!” – Rebecca Blackerby
Renew Bariatrics was founded in 2017 as a referral business to facilitate weight loss surgery in Mexico and send leads to various doctors and facilities in Tijuana as well as Cancun, Mexico.
Their BBB profile states they are a medical tourism company for gastric sleeve, gastric bypass, gastric balloons, and gastric banding.
Better Business Bureau: Profile named Kevin McFarland as the owner and CEO until 2020 was changed to Nathan Richardson, CEO. This business is not BBB accredited.
Their published address in the U.S.:
1968 S Coast Hwy # 1123
Laguna Beach, CA 92651
Location: Tijuana, Mexico
Phone: (844) 736-3963
Industry: Weight Loss Surgery in Mexico