Dr. Venecia Henandez Leon is a bariatric surgeon who specializes in laparoscopic weight loss procedures including sleeve gastrectomy and roux-en-y gastric bypass. She operates in many different hospital clinics in Tijuana, Mexico – known as Baja California.
Her interest in bariatric surgery grew when she saw a rise in obesity in people. Soon, she started dedicating her life to help people fight obesity. Nothing cheers her up more when she sees her patients starting a new and better life.
Dr. Venecia Henandez Leon has performed thousands of surgeries in her lifetime. She has experienced from all over the field such as assisting other surgeons to learn more about bariatric surgery and doing research and publications in her free time.
- 6+ years in bariatric surgery
- medical degree from the prestigious Autonomous University of Guadalajara
- She continues her education by regularly attending national and international courses.
- Internship at ISSSTESON and a residency in General Surgery at Hospital General de Tijuana
Certifications and Memberships
- Certification from Consejo Mexicano de Cirugia General and specialized training in Advanced Laparoscopic and Endoluminal Bariatric and Metabolic Surgery at the Ircad Training Cente
Surgeries Performed and Pricing
Dr. Leon performs the following procedures:
- Gastric Sleeve Surgery – Starting at about $5,000
- Gastric Sleeve Plication Surgery – Starting at about $5,000
- Gastric Bypass Surgery – Starting at about $6,000
- Mini Gastric Bypass – Starting at $6,000
Reviews and Ratings
“I had been thinking about weight loss surgery for a couple of years, but my insurance wouldn’t cover it. I started looking for surgeons in Mexico, and I’m so happy I found Dr. Leon. Since day one all the staff has been there for me, all my questions get answered fast, the Dr. Is very knowledgeable and caring. My surgery anniversary is coming up soon and I couldn’t be happier. I look and feel great, totally recommend!” – Danielle M.