Dr. Sergio Quinones is a weight-loss surgeon practicing in Tijuana, Mexico as head surgeon of Pompeii Surgical. As a board-certified bariatric specialist, he has extensive skills and expertise in the Mexico bariatric industry.
Dr. Quinones has a really warm and caring personality, he understands that’s patients coming to Mexico for a life-changing surgery can be nervous and frightening. That is why he always treats his patients like his own child, having someone looking out for them 24/7.
Dr. Quinones is fluent in both English and Spanish and claims to have donated over $500,000 for patients’ weight loss procedures. He is the chief surgeon and leads a team to perform bariatric surgery all over Mexico. All surgeries are taken place at the Pompeii Surgical facility, with its own recovery room. Dr. Sergio Quinones has over 14+ years of experience in the weight loss industry, helping countless of people turn their life around and is still continuing his work until today.
Dr. Sergio Quinones is a premium general specialist who works specifically in less invasive laparoscopic bariatric procedures like gastric sleeve and gastric bypass surgery. He claims to have over 10,000 weight loss surgeries performed with top credentials and certifications. Dr. Quinones is a licensed doctor for Angels Hospital, Baja California Tijuana, Mexico. He also excels in patient care, always putting the patient’s needs first in their fight to end obesity.
Dr. Sergio Quinones graduated from the Universidad Autonoma de Baja California with a degree in medicine. Dr. Quinones completed a course in laparoscopic surgery at the Specialty Clinic of the Mexican Institute of Social Security.
- Graduated from Universidad Autonoma de Baja California, BC México, The School of Medicine
- Learned General Surgery from Universidad Autónoma de Baja California, Tijuana County of General Surgery
- Had Basic and Advanced Laparoscopic Surgery Training from the Specialty Clinic of the Mexican Institute of Social Security in Tijuana
Certifications and Memberships
- Received fellowship in Trauma
- Awarded the Latin American Congress of Endoscopic Surgery in Miami Florida
- Received the Mexican Association of Bariatric Surgery Congress
- Awarded the International Congress of General Surgery
Surgeries Performed and Pricing
Dr. Quinones and his team can perform a wide range of bariatric procedures, however, they do charge an extra $500 for people who have a BMI of over 50.
- Gastric Sleeve Surgery – Starting at about $4,800
- Gastric Bypass Surgery – Starting at about $5,800
- Mini Gastric Bypass Surgery – Starting at about $5,800
- Gastric Sleeve Plication Surgery – Starting at about $4,800
- Gastric Sleeve Revision Surgery – Starting at about $5,300
- Revision to Pouch (Gastric Bypass Revision) – Starting at $5,800
- Revision from Lap-Band to Gastric Sleeve – Starting at $5,800
- Revision from Gastric Sleeve to Gastric Bypass – Starting at $5,800
- Hiatal Hernia Repair – Starting at $500
Patient Reviews, Ratings
“Motivation – I was 5’4 227lbs and sick of trying fad diets. I exercised more than 6 hours a week but could never keep the weight off. Pros – transportation to and from airport, translators, Netflix, low cost Cons – pain, the medicine they used was mildly effective Outcome – roughly 1 year out and I went from 227lbs to 138lbs.” – Serenity Love