About Dr. Sergio Del Hoyo
Dr. Sergio is a multitalented practitioner who has completed thousands of successful surgeries in various surgical areas, including general surgery, laparoscopic surgery, and bariatric surgery.
He believes deeply in ethics and responsibility, reinforcing high safety standards with quality, humane medical care.
Dr. Sergio personally listens to his patients through clear communications and personalized one-on-one’s, offering the best possibilities for treatment.
Dr. Sergio Del Hoyo is a bariatric surgeon with more than 15 years of experience. He specializes in Gastrointestinal Surgery, General Surgery with further training in Laparoscopic and Obesity surgery. He is a board-certified surgeon as well an active member of several associations including the Mexican Association of General Surgery, Mexican Association of Endoscopic Surgery, Mexican College of Obesity Surgery and Metabolic Diseases
Education & Training
- Dr. Sergio del Hoyo finished his professional studies at the Central University of Health Sciences (CUCS) in Guadalajara, Mexico, where he acquired his Surgeon and Obstetrician degree (DGP 4406249).
- Advanced Course in Obesity Surgery and Metabolic Diseases at the University of Stansburgo, France, IRCAD France. He has his diploma of the National Autonomous University of Mexico (UNAM) for Surgical and Multidisciplinary Management of Obesity
- Professor of Gastroenterology at the Centro Universitario de la Costa (2010)
Certifications & Memberships
- Surgeon assigned to the Department of Surgery at the Mexican Institute of Social Security from 2007 to 2015
- A staff member of the San Javier Puerto Vallarta and Nuevo Vallarta Hospitals (Board certified by the General Health Council)
- Board-certified by the General Health Council
- Hospital CMQ Premiere in Puerto Vallarta
- Bilingual Spanish and English (TOEIC certified)
- Certified by the Mexican Board of General Surgery (C-120002)
- Certified as an Obesity and Metabolic Disease Surgeon (stages I, II)
- Dr. Sergio del Hoyo is an active partner of various medical associations:
- Mexican Association of General Surgery
- Mexican Association of Endoscopic Surgery
- Mexican College of Obesity Surgery and Metabolic Diseases
- Each year, he attends various nationwide and global medical courses and conferences.
Surgeries Performed and Pricing
- Gastric Sleeve Surgery – $4,000+
- Gastric Bypass Surgery – $5,000+
- Gastric Balloon Procedure – $3,000+
- Duodenal Switch Surgery – $6,000+
- Revisional Surgery – $4,000+
Dr. Sergio Del Hoyo Reviews, Ratings
Hello everyone, I want to share my experience from May 6, 2017. I had the Gastric Sleeve procedure with Dr. Sergio Del Hoyo. From day 1, there was a constant stream of communication and that’s something very important for me when choosing a doctor. Dr. Sergio and his medical team was very professional and kind to me. The CMQ Premier hospital is beautiful, clean, and fully-equipped. My anesthesiologist, Dr. Jessy, was helpful from the first moment. I was nervous right before my surgery and a little scared, but Dr. Jessy showed up in my room just before the procedure and gave me kind words that were a relief for me. I’m sure this surgery was the best decision I’ve made in my entire life. THANK YOU, Dr. Sergio Del Hoyo, for all of your help. I recommend this doctor and his team 100%! – Lina
The truth is this was the best decision I could have made because my health at 35 years old was very worn out, Dr. Sergio del Hoyo’s team is very professional and gives you a lot of confidence and security, I recommend him 100%!!! Those who have the opportunity and want to perform the procedure as their best option. I am very happy with the results, my health has improved a lot and I am living a healthy lifestyle, fitness and very well fed. – Emma