Dr. Rodriguez Lopez has performed over 3,500 bariatric surgeries including gastric sleeve surgery, RNY gastric bypass, gastric balloon, hard-to-do revision surgery, and even one of the most specialized Mexico bariatric surgeons in duodenal switch surgery.
Dr. Rodriguez trained under Dr. Salvador Flores and is known to show excellent rapport with his former patients. He is known as “Super Surgeon” for his ability to rescue complicated bariatric surgeries in Mexico and has a great track record.
Education and Training
- General medicine (2002-2010): Autonomous University of Baja California, Tijuana BC.
- General Surgery (2010-2014): Northwest National Medical Center, Obregon Sonora; Specialty in general surgery.
- Mexican Board of General Surgery A.C. (2015-2020).
- Bariatric Surgery (2014-2016): Medical Unit for obesity and metabolic diseases. Torreón Coahuila.
- Laparoscopic and Bariatric Surgeon (September 2017 – to date): Hospital Mi Doctor, Tijuana, Baja California.
- Nutrition Specialized in Obesity Surgery, Mexican Association of obesity surgery, and metabolic disorders.
- General Hospital Subzone NO. 6 IMSS Tecate, Baja California (10/16/2016 – to current): Emergency surgeon.
- Surgical Medical Unit for Obesity and Metabolic Diseases Integral Obesity Care Torreon, Coahuila and Tijuana, Baja California (07/2014 – 10/2016): Bariatric surgeon.
- Medical Unit of High Specialty UMAE 71, Unit of Transplantation and Porta Hypertension Torreón, Coahuila (03/16/2014 – 10/15/2015): Transplant surgeon
Surgeries Performed and Pricing
Dr. Rodriguez Lopez performs the following procedures:
- Gastric Sleeve Surgery – Starting at about $4,995
- Gastric Bypass Surgery – Starting at about $6,295
- Gastric Balloon Procedure – Starting at about $3,995
- Duodenal Switch Surgery – Starting at about $8,495
- Revisional Surgery
Reviews and Ratings
“Dr. Rodriguez Lopez and his team are amazing. My surgery went great and I’m extremely pleased with the care I received. My husband had the surgery after me and chose Dr. Rodriguez as well. We are both satisfied patients & would recommend him to everyone.” – Beth Lowe
“I had my surgery with Dr. Rodriguez Lopez on April 12, 2018. I didn’t get to meet him before surgery as I was the first one scheduled for my date. I had my operation, woke up in recovery about 2 hours after they took me back to the OR. I had no complications related to this operation so far. Dr. Rodriguez came and met me the evening of the surgery and his fellow physician that was doing the post-surgical management was great as well, although I can’t remember her name. Dr. Lopez was great, as are the rest of the surgeons at Mexico Bariatric Center. I would let him operate on me again in a heartbeat.” – Kyler Davidson
“Thank you, Dr. Christian Rodriguez López. My vertical sleeve procedure took place last Friday, November 2nd, and everything went great. I appreciated you and your team, all the staff involved were very professional and kind. Oh…and my incisions are so small that I think they might not even show once cured! Again, thank you very much for your services. All the best.” – Ana R.
9 thoughts on “Dr. Rodriguez Lopez, MD – Bariatric Surgeon in Tijuana, Mexico”
Dr Rodriguez did my surgery last Wednesday 5/16/18 and I loved it, the staff went above and beyond everybody treated me like family, everything clean, organized. Dr came and talked to me I recommend it 100% drivers were nice at the hotel awesome it was a nice experience, plus Mexico is beautiful and safe
Did they use stitches or staples on the stomach?
Was overall a great experience! My surgeon Dr Rodriguez Lopez was phenomenal and a really great guy. Nurses are sweet and they are extremely helpful when it came to anything I needed. Thank you so much Dr. Lopez and MBC!
thank you so much. Lost 120 lbs. in less than 2 years!
280ish at my highest weight vs 184lbs today! Sleeved Feb 8th 2016 at 263lbs. 9lbs from goal weight! Height is 5’10.5″ for reference. I am so thankful for Mexico Bariatric Center & Dr Rodriguez!!!
Hello van I get done information on gastric bypass
Please contact https://mexicobariatriccenter.com/health-questionnaire/
He’s a killer. He punctured my friend’s esophagus and lungs. BEWARE.