Dr. Rodriguez Lopez has performed over 3,500 bariatric surgeries including gastric sleeve surgery, RNY gastric bypass, gastric balloon, hard-to-do revision surgery, and even one of the most specialized Mexico bariatric surgeons in duodenal switch surgery.
Dr. Rodriguez trained under Dr. Salvador Flores and is known to show excellent rapport with his former patients. He is known as “Super Surgeon” for his ability to rescue complicated bariatric surgeries in Mexico and has a great track record.
Education and Training
- General medicine (2002-2010): Autonomous University of Baja California, Tijuana BC.
- General Surgery (2010-2014): Northwest National Medical Center, Obregon Sonora; Specialty in general surgery.
- Mexican Board of General Surgery A.C. (2015-2020).
- Bariatric Surgery (2014-2016): Medical Unit for obesity and metabolic diseases. Torreón Coahuila.
- Laparoscopic and Bariatric Surgeon (September 2017 – to date): Hospital Mi Doctor, Tijuana, Baja California.
- Nutrition Specialized in Obesity Surgery, Mexican Association of obesity surgery, and metabolic disorders.
- General Hospital Subzone NO. 6 IMSS Tecate, Baja California (10/16/2016 – to current): Emergency surgeon.
- Surgical Medical Unit for Obesity and Metabolic Diseases Integral Obesity Care Torreon, Coahuila and Tijuana, Baja California (07/2014 – 10/2016): Bariatric surgeon.
- Medical Unit of High Specialty UMAE 71, Unit of Transplantation and Porta Hypertension Torreón, Coahuila (03/16/2014 – 10/15/2015): Transplant surgeon
Surgeries Performed and Pricing
Dr. Rodriguez Lopez performs the following procedures:
- Gastric Sleeve Surgery – Starting at about $4,995
- Gastric Bypass Surgery – Starting at about $6,295
- Gastric Balloon Procedure – Starting at about $3,995
- Duodenal Switch Surgery – Starting at about $8,495
- Revisional Surgery
Reviews and Ratings
“Dr. Rodriguez Lopez and his team are amazing. My surgery went great and I’m extremely pleased with the care I received. My husband had the surgery after me and chose Dr. Rodriguez as well. We are both satisfied patients & would recommend him to everyone.” – Beth Lowe
“I had my surgery with Dr. Rodriguez Lopez on April 12, 2018. I didn’t get to meet him before surgery as I was the first one scheduled for my date. I had my operation, woke up in recovery about 2 hours after they took me back to the OR. I had no complications related to this operation so far. Dr. Rodriguez came and met me the evening of the surgery and his fellow physician that was doing the post-surgical management was great as well, although I can’t remember her name. Dr. Lopez was great, as are the rest of the surgeons at Mexico Bariatric Center. I would let him operate on me again in a heartbeat.” – Kyler Davidson
“Thank you, Dr. Christian Rodriguez López. My vertical sleeve procedure took place last Friday, November 2nd, and everything went great. I appreciated you and your team, all the staff involved were very professional and kind. Oh…and my incisions are so small that I think they might not even show once cured! Again, thank you very much for your services. All the best.” – Ana R.