Dr. Miguel Zapata is a bariatric surgeon in Monterrey, Mexico that has exceptional training, schooling, and expertise. He is a recognized as a top-rated doctor for weight loss surgery in the city of Monterrey. Dr. Miguel Zapata, MD is capable of performing all of the bariatric surgeries including gastric banding, gastric sleeve, gastric bypass and revision surgeries.
- 1982- 1988 Graduated in Medicine, at University Autonoma de Nuevo Leon School of Medicine
- 1995 – 2004 Associate clinical professor of General Surgery ITESM School of Medicine
Credentials and Surgical Experience
- 1992 Basic Laparoscopic Techniques. Texas Endosurgery Institute San Antonio TX. USA
- 1992 Advance Laparoscopic Techniques. Texas Endosurgery Institute San Antonio TX. USA
- 1997 Advance Course on Laparoscopic Morbid Obesity Surgery European Institute of Telesurgery
- 2001 Minimal Invasive Surgery in Morbid Obesity National Institute of Medical Science and Nutrition
Memberships and Training
- Mexican Council of General Surgery
- International Federation for Surgery of Obesity
- Latin American Society of Endoscopic Surgery
- Mexican Society of General Surgery
- Mexican Society of Endoscopic Surgery
- Mexican Society of Obesity Surgery
Reviews and Ratings
“Fantastic surgeon. You can tell he genuinely cares about his patients. I had to call him to ask him something about my diabetes medicine a week after the surgery, and he answered his own phone! I got plenty of education about my procedure and how to proceed with my post op diet. The staff was great and very professional. I can’t recommend him highly enough! It was a wonderful experience.” – Review from ObesityHelp
“I had my lap band surgery on 06/15/07 with Dr. Zapata. My impression of Dr. Zapata was that he was a very caring surgeon that truly cared about his patient and their overall health. His staff in Mexico and here in the US are wonderful. They are always available by phone or email and respond quickly. I did not like that I would not get to see Dr. Zapata again, but that was a consequence of choosing to have the surgery in Mexico. And I did get to see him again at a bash his company sponsored. Seeing him reaffirmed my impressions of him in Mexico.” – Review from ObesityHelp
3 thoughts on “Dr. Miguel Zapata, MD – Bariatric Surgeon in Monterrey, Mexico”
Hello. I got a lapband from Dr. Zapata in 2009, I believe. I am needing a copy of the surgical procedure emailed to me. Can you please help?
Please respond either way.
Hello I am interested in a weight lose procedure with DR.Zapata. Can you please contact me ASAP to schedule.
Hi Emmy, you can fill this out, and a qualified surgeon will get back to you about surgery options. https://medicaltourismresourceguide.com/bariatric-surgery-qualification-form/