Dr. Miguel Navarro is regarded as one of the most passionate bariatric surgeons in this field, his passion is what drives him to do all the research and studies about bariatric surgery. Because of this, he has grown to become one of the most popular surgeons in Tijuana, Mexico.
When Dr. Navarro was working with Lighter Dream Bariatrics at Hospital Guadalajara in Tijuana and Florence Hospital in Tijuana (Part of Oasis of Hope), his peers often regard him as the most hard-working surgeon at the hospital, never backing down from a challenging research study or surgical procedure. This allowed him to completed thousands of successful bariatric procedures and earning multiple certifications and awards.
Dr. Navarro earned his medical degree from the Xochicalco University Studies Center. He then completed his general surgery residency at a hospital in Tijuana and went on and founded the Bariatric Surgery Tijuana Center, known as BARISTIC here he works for himself at a hospital called Centro Medico Del Noroeste. Throughout the years, Navarro took many people under his wing and went on to mentor and teach many students about bariatric surgery, one being his assistant today, Dr. Jorge Luis Green.
- Can speak both English and Spanish
- Has a passion for learning bariatric surgery
- Received his medical degree from the Xochicalco University Studies Center, the department of Faculty of Medicine at the top of his class
- Finished his general surgery residency at Hospital General Tijuana (Also known as the General Hospital in Tijuana)
- Did Social Service in Santa Anita S.S.A. in Baja California Sur
- Earned many Fellowships in Advanced Bariatric Surgery and Laparoscopic Surgery
- Had Specialization Training in General Surgery at Tijuana General Hospital
- Served as an assistant and had training in the Safe laparoscopic cholecystectomy offered by the Mexican Society of General Surgeons
Certifications and Memberships
- Mexican Council of General Surgery (CMCG).
- Mexican Association of Endoscopic Surgery (AMCE).
- Mexican College of Surgery for Obesity and Metabolic Diseases (CMCOEM).
- European Union of Medical Specialists (UEMS)
- The International Federation for the Surgery of Obesity and Metabolic Disorders (IFSO).
- Published the thesis for Diploma of specialization in General Surgery: “Efficacy and safety of percutaneous drainage of amoebic liver abscess guided by ultrasound with 10mm laparoscopic trocar in patients of the Tijuana general hospital”
- An active member of the European Association for Endoscopic Surgery. ID#7809
- Board-Certified and a member of the Mexican Board of General Surgery
Surgeries Performed and Pricing
Dr. Miguel Navarro and his team always ensure that their work is top quality with no errors. You can count on Dr. Navarro and his team to provide you the best quality bariatric surgery.
- Gastric Sleeve Surgery – Starting at about $3,600
- Gastric Bypass Surgery – Starting at about $4,500
- Mini Gastric Bypass Surgery – Starting at about $4,500
- Lap-Band Surgery
- Revisional Surgery
Patient Reviews and Ratings
“My experience of having the gastric sleeve with Dr. Miguel Navarro was amazing! I originally set up surgery with another surgeon but things didn’t turn out right and I wasn’t comfortable with the situation. Unfortunately I had already took time off from work, booked my flights and had the operating room booked. I found Dr. Navarro and he immediately put me at ease. He was able to hold the operating room and schedule my surgery for the time I had already planned. We face timed which was a relief because any doubts I had were immediately erased.” – Tenisha Smiley
“Excelent team, Dr Navarro and the staff are very professional. I’m very happy with my surgery, the best decision I’ve made. In 5 months post op, I have lost around 50 pounds and still going. They really explained each and every step of the procedures, answers all of my questions and provided me great results.” – Paola Garcia
“Dr. Navarro is outstanding. A very knowledgeable Surgeon that has the capacity to listen while being very reassuring. I felt comfortable throughout the whole surgery process. I haven’t felt this good and confident since I can remember. A life changing experience that has changed my entire life drastically.
A very professional doctor and a comforting environment with professional staff all around. If you are thinking about surgery, do not hesitate. Consult Dr. Navarro to get an idea of what I mean, you have nothing to lose and everything to gain.” – Angelica Ospina