Dr. Mariano Covarrubias is an expert surgeon with over 17 years of experience in laparoscopic weight loss surgery. As a graduate from the Faculty of Medicine and Medical General at the UABC, and more than 3,000 bariatric procedures performed in Tijuana.
- Professional License Number: 2342032
- Specialty Card: 4010195
Specialty: General Surgery at Tijuana General Hospital, 1995–1999.
Laparoscopic and obesity surgery at Regional General Hospital of The Social Security Mexican Institute, January 2000–Present, with Dr. Lopez Corvala
Current Practices: General Surgeon and Professor of Laparoscopic Surgery at Private Practice of Regional General Hospital IMSS Tijuana
Experience and Training
Dr. Mariano Covarrubias has a wide range of bariatric surgery experience. This ranges from receiving training as a teacher to being the president of a college.
- 1988–1994, Graduated from the Faculty of Medicine and Medical General at UABC
- 1995–1999, Specializing in General Surgery at the General Hospital of Tijuana
- 1999, Certified by the Mexican Council Of General Surgery
- 2002–2004, Received a diploma from Xochicalcos University in Advanced Laparoscopic Surgery and Obesity
- 2004, Trained as a teacher in courses of Advanced Laparoscopic Surgery and Obesity
- 2007, President of the College of General Surgeons Tijuana
Dr. Covarrubias has the following training experience.
- 1999, Laparoscopic inguinal hernia repair
- October 1999, Robotic surgery
- 2000, Laparoscopic gynecology training
- May 2001, Adjustable gastric banding system and lap band system workshop
- 2001–Present, Gastric band professor
- June 2002–May 2004, Advanced Laparoscopic Surgery (spleen and obesity surgeries, hiatal hernia repair, inguinal hernia, et al)
- 2003–Present, Gastric sleeve training
- June 2004–October 2005, Training as a professor of advanced laparoscopic surgery
- June 2006, Laparoscopic colon surgery
Surgeries Performed and Pricing
Dr. Covarrubias performs the following surgeries:
Reviews and Ratings
“I just had VSG with MD Mariano Covarrubias 2 weeks ago (Dec 5th 2011).
Everything is going great, in addition to pre-surgery care, to surgery and post-surgery. Very professional, optimistic, and straight + prudent to talk with. Nice Doctor. I had my surgery in Tijuana, no issues at all, from hospital to care taken. I recommend him for sure!” – Jorge. L