About Dr. Luis Gerardo Cano
Dr. Luis Gerardo Cano Santos graduated from the National Polytechnic Institute. He would later focus on specializing in general surgery at the Meritorious Autonomous University of Puebla with a high specialty practicum in laparoscopic surgery and surgery for obesity and metabolic diseases. Dr. Cano has over 16 years of experience in medical formation and 12 years of private practice with over 2000 surgeries.
Dr. Luis Gerardo Cano Santos is certified by the Mexican Council of General Surgery, AC, Dr. Cano is an active member of various associations and colleges such as the Mexican Association of General Surgery, AC, Mexican Association of Endoscopic Surgery, AC. He is constantly enrolled in courses and training to keep himself frequently updated and offer better choices for his patients. Nowadays, Dr. Cano runs his own hospital as a sole provider known as New City Bariatrics, located in Tijuana, Mexico.
Education & Training
- Md. Instituto Politecnico Nacional 2002.
- Advance trauma life support A.T.L.S. Colegio Americano de Cirujanos 2012.
- Advanced burn life support ABLS. By American Burn Association 2012.
- Advance Microsurgery. Centro De Investigación Y Capacitación Quirúrgica Karls Storz del Centro Medico ABC observatorio de la ciudad de México 2012.
- General Surgery. Universidad Autonoma De Puebla 2013.
- Laparoscopic surgery. Endopraxis Gimnasio Quirurgico Mexico Distrito Federal 2014.
- Postgraduate Degree in Gastroeterology, Hepatology And Digestive Endoscopy. Asociacion Interamericana De Gastroenterologia 2014.
- X International Gastroenterology Update. H. Veracruz Mexico 2014.
- Laparoscopic Digestive Surgery Advance Course. Asociacion Mexicana De Cirugia General A. C. 2015.
- Advance Laparoscopy Course AMCE 2016.
- Certificate of Training in Minimal Access Surgery IRCAD – America Latina, participated at the Advanced Course in Bariatric Endoscopy, organized in Rio de Janeiro 2018. Certified by the
- American Institute of TeleSurgery.
- Certificate of Training in Minimal Access Surgery IRCAD – America Latina, Participated at The Advanced Course in Bariatric And Metabolic Surgery, organized in Rio de Janeiro 2018.
- Certified by the American Institute of TeleSurgery.
Certifications & Memberships
- Asociación Mexicana de Cirugía General, A. C. (AMCG)
- Asociación Mexicana de Gastroenterología (AMG)
- Asociación Mexicana de Cirugía Endoscópica, A. C. (AMCE)
- Colegio Mexicano de Cirugía para la Obesidad y Enfermedades Metabólicas, A. C. (CMCOEM)
- International Federation for the Surgery of the Obesity and Metabolic Disorders (IFSO)
- Certificate of Specialty and Specialty Title In General Surgery Issued By The Benemerita Universidad Autonoma De Puebla.
- Professional Certificate of Specialty in General Surgery: 8226214
- Certification in General Surgery Granted by The Mexican Surgery Council, Corresponding to The Specialty in General Surgery: A130319
- Diploma of Endoscopic Surgery Given by Hospital Angeles Tijuana And the Mexican Association of Endoscopic Surgery.
Surgeries Performed and Pricing
- Gastric Sleeve Surgery – $5,500+
- Gastric Bypass Surgery – $5,500+
- Mini-Gastric Bypass – $5,500+
- Revisional Surgery – $5,500+
Dr. Luis Gerardo Cano Reviews, Ratings
“From the first consultation I had with Dr. Cano Santos I felt confident. I arrived with pain due to an inguinal hernia and when he examined me, he explained my situation and the solution in detail. My only option was surgery. A week after having my consultation I had a laparoscopic surgery and everything went very well. I am still in recovery but the process has been successful. I am very happy that I made the decision to have surgery with Dr. Cano Santos.” – Jose
“Excellent care, excellent surgeon, he operated on my gallbladder urgently and 1 week after surgery I was very well recovered, my family and I will be forever grateful to Dr. Cano.” – Maria
“Excellent service and medical care by Dr. Luis Cano, he explained my condition in detail and I consider he is very good in his medical specialty. Widely recommended.” – VH
“Friendly personalized and professional service recommended… it motivates you to get the best version of your patients. I felt in the best hands. The best decision. Thank you!” – Gabriel