Dr. Louisiana Valenzuela is one of the best bariatric surgeons practicing in Tijuana, Mexico. She is a high volume and experienced laparoscopic surgeon that has received excellent education and training.
She has proven her expertise by performing over 5,000 bariatric surgeries with almost 0 percent complication rates and enormous patient satisfaction. She is well versed in the following life-altering procedures in Tijuana: gastric sleeve, RNY gastric bypass, mini bypass, gastric plication, and revision weight loss surgery.
Dr. Valenzuela graduated in 2002 from the prestigious Universidad Autónoma de Baja California with a degree in medicine. From 2005-2009, she went on to complete a lengthy and rigorous residency in General Surgery at the Hospital General de Occidente. While at the Hospital General de Occidente and during her General Surgery residency, Dr. Valenzuela received training in trauma surgery, well equipped her to handle the morbidly obese and more complicated gastrointestinal and bariatric & metabolic cases.
Dr. Louisiana Valenzuela offers a unique perspective to her work: She has undergone a Gastric Sleeve procedure herself with Mexico Bariatric Center, Dr. Alejandro Gutierrez. She can relate to what her weight loss patients experience going through the process.
Education and Training
- Medical Doctor (1998-2002): Universidad Autónoma de Baja California, Facultad de Medicina, campus Mexicali
- Internship (2002-2003): Hospital Regional de Zona No 31 y 31 IMSS Mexicali B.C. México
- Social Service (2003-2004): Centro de Salud Ejido Puebla, Mexicali B.C. México
- Specialization in General Surgery (2005-2009): Hospital General de Occidente. Guadalajara, Jalisco
- Advanced Laparoscopy and Bariatric Surgery (2009-2011): Hospital Angeles Tijuana, HGR 1 IMSS Tijuana
- Medical Intern (2001-2002): IMSS H.G.R. No. 30 y 31
- General Surgeon (2008-2009): Hospital Regional de Tepatitlán, Jalisco
- Laparoscopic and Bariatric Surgeon (2009-2010): Hospital Guzmán, Tijuana Baja California
- Emergency Room Surgeon (2009-2010): Hospital Angeles, Tijuana Baja California
- Laparoscopic and Bariatric Surgeon (2010 – to date): IMSS Tijuana, Baja California
- Laparoscopic and Bariatric Surgeon (2010 – to date): Hospital General Regional, Tecate, Baja California
- Laparoscopic and Bariatric Surgeon (2012 – to date): Hospital Mi Doctor, Tijuana, Baja California
Surgeries Performed and Pricing
Dr. Louisiana Valenzuela performs the following surgeries:
- Gastric Sleeve Surgery – Starting at about $4,500
- Gastric Bypass Surgery – Starting at about $5,500
- Gastric Plication Surgery – Starting at about $4,500
- Revisional Surgery
Reviews and Ratings
“Dr. Valenzuela was my surgeon of choice. She truly cares about her patients, she came in and talked to me before my surgery and helped put my mind more at ease. Even though I was ready to get it done. She is a very nice and caring person. She replied very quickly back to me when I sent her post-surgery questions. Keep doing what you do best Dr. Valenzuela!!! Changing lives for the better.” – Savrielle
“The best decision I have ever made and I will never forget any of the Mexico Bariatric Center team. Dr. Louisiana Valenzuela is so amazing and so kind she stopped to talk to me in the hall even when running late she then came to visit later… The whole staff was nothing short of a perfectly well-oiled machine. Do not hesitate to choose Mexico Bariatric Center and Dr. Louisiana Valenzuela you won’t regret it” – Lyon
“I had Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy on November 21, 2017. My PCP back home referred me to see a GI specialist just to double-check my sleeve. I wasn’t having any complications at all, he was just curious because I traveled for surgery instead of lingering on a waitlist. Initially, he wasn’t overly supportive of my decision. The GI specialist reported that my sleeve was the best work he has ever seen. Dr. Louisiana Valenzuela is a skilled surgeon with an amazing bedside manner. She paid very close attention to me and answered all my questions. The entire team was skilled and empathetic. I would recommend her to anyone.” – Emmy