Dr. Louisiana Valenzuela is one of the best bariatric surgeons practicing in Tijuana, Mexico. She is a high volume and experienced laparoscopic surgeon that has received excellent education and training.
Dr. Louisiana Valenzuela has proven her expertise by performing over 5,000 bariatric surgeries with almost 0 percent complication rates and enormous patient satisfaction. She is well versed in the following life-altering procedures in Tijuana: gastric sleeve, RNY gastric bypass, mini bypass, gastric plication, and revision weight loss surgery.
Dr. Valenzuela graduated in 2002 from the prestigious Universidad Autónoma de Baja California with a degree in medicine. From 2005-2009, she went on to complete a lengthy and rigorous residency in General Surgery at the Hospital General de Occidente. While at the Hospital General de Occidente and during her General Surgery residency, Dr. Valenzuela received training in trauma surgery, well equipped her to handle the morbidly obese and more complicated gastrointestinal and bariatric & metabolic cases.
Dr. Louisiana Valenzuela offers a unique perspective to her work: She has undergone a Gastric Sleeve procedure herself with Mexico Bariatric Center, Dr. Alejandro Gutierrez. She can relate to what her weight loss patients experience going through the process.
Dr. Louisiana Valenzuela Reviews
The following patient reviews are found on forums, boards, and third-party websites:
The physician, Dra. Valenzuela was very personable and truly took her time to address any and all of our questions and concerns. The medical staff and the nurses that cared for us during this process were warm and attentive; they made sure all comfort measures were taken and their sincerity transversed any language and cultural barriers. – February 2013 – Review from Mexico Bariatric Center
You were so right when you said that Dr. Valenzuela is the top bariatric surgeons in Mexico! She is definitely very trained and skilled surgeon who truly care about her patients. I trusted Dr. Valenzuela with my life and was completely at ease. She is truly expert in her field and in my opinion is the best bariatric surgeons in their professions! – Unknown – Review from Mexico Bariatric Center
Dr. Louisiana Valenzuela Resume
- Medical Doctor (1998-2002): Universidad Autónoma de Baja California, Facultad de Medicina, campus Mexicali
- Internship (2002-2003): Hospital Regional de Zona No 31 y 31 IMSS Mexicali B.C. México
- Social Service (2003-2004): Centro de Salud Ejido Puebla, Mexicali B.C. México
- Specialization in General Surgery (2005-2009): Hospital General de Occidente. Guadalajara, Jalisco
- Advanced Laparoscopy and Bariatric Surgery (2009-2011): Hospital Angeles Tijuana, HGR 1 IMSS Tijuana
Dr. Sanchez Valenzuela Louisiana Bariatric Experience
- Medical Intern (2001-2002): IMSS H.G.R. No. 30 y 31
- General Surgeon (2008-2009): Hospital Regional de Tepatitlán, Jalisco
- Laparoscopic and Bariatric Surgeon (2009-2010): Hospital Guzmán, Tijuana Baja California
- Emergency Room Surgeon (2009-2010): Hospital Angeles, Tijuana Baja California
- Laparoscopic and Bariatric Surgeon (2010 – to date): IMSS Tijuana, Baja California
- Laparoscopic and Bariatric Surgeon (2010 – to date): Hospital General Regional, Tecate, Baja California
- Laparoscopic and Bariatric Surgeon (2012 – to date): Hospital Mi Doctor, Tijuana, Baja California