Dr. Juan Francisco Zavalza, MD is a bariatric surgeon practicing in Tijuana, Mexico. Juan was previously the assistant surgeon to Dr. Fernando Garcia, another weight-loss surgeon in Tijuana. Dr. Zavalza claims to have, ‘performed and assisted over 3,000 bariatric surgeries in his career.’ Throughout his career, he worked for two different providers, Go Light Bariatrics and Better Body Bariatric.
Upon further review, there is just a small sample of reviews of this particular doctor and facility. Dr. Juan Zavalza also seems to be lacking in professional memberships like the IFSO (unlike his peers who can participate in dozens of organizations).
Education and Training
- University of Guadalajara – Medical Degree
- General Hospital of Tijuana – Surgical Residency
- Diploma in Advanced Laparoscopic Surgery in 2010
- Undergraduate Internship at Hospital Civil Fray Antonio Alcalde – Undergraduate Degree
Certifications and Memberships
- Advanced Course in Bariatric & Metabolic Surgery. American Institute of TeleSurgery.
- Advanced Course of Laparoscopic Surgery with Specialty in Hiatal Hernia and Gastroesophageal Reflux
Surgeries Performed and Pricing
Dr. Juan Francisco Zavalza has a passion and interest in performing surgery. He feels that by helping people undergo surgery, it can permanently change one’s life for the greater good, that is why he chose to become a surgeon. An additional $500 fee will be charged if one’s BMI is over 55.
- Gastric Sleeve Surgery – Starting at about $4,250 to $4,399
- Gastric Bypass Surgery – Starting at about $5,399
- Revision Surgery to Gastric Sleeve – $4,399 + $ 500 revision fee + $ 300 endoscopy (if required)
- Revision Surgery to Gastric Bypass – $5,399 + $ 500 revision fee + $ 300 endoscopy (if required)
Reviews and Ratings
“I am so happy we made this choice and followed our hearts. We put faith before fear and dove in head first. I am so grateful we found Dr.Z and Go Light Bariatrics. This has been the best thing I have done for myself and my family. Sleeve sisters Forever!!!!!” — with Kiyo Hashimoto.