Dr. Juan Francisco Arellano Ramos is a bariatric surgeon in Mexicali, Mexico that works for the provider Mexico Bariatric Surgery at Hospital Almater. Dr. Arellano dedicates his life on helping people turn their lives around from obesity and he even makes an extra effort to monitor people post-surgery to see if they need anything else.
Dr. Arellano has a passion for bariatric surgery, he is often regarded by his peers as one of the most knowledgeable doctors in this field. In his free time, he even holds conferences and workshops, teaching others about his knowledge.
- School of Medicine: General Surgery and Obstetrician from Autonomous Univerity of Baja California, Mexicali, Mexico
- Advanced Degree: Postgraduate Degree in Bariatric Surgery, Santiago, Chile
Certifications and Memberships
- Board Certified in General Surgery
- Board Certified Bariatric Surgeon
- Specialty in Surgery and Laparoscopy from Centro Medico Nacional del Occidente (Guadalajara, Mexico)
- Certificates in Medical License and Medical Studies
- International Federation for the Surgery of Obesity (IFSO)
- Mexican College for the Surgery of Obesity and Metabolic Diseases (CMCOEM)
- American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery (ASMBS)
- Mexican Asociation of General Surgery, A.C.
- National Federation of Colleges and Associates of Specialists in General Surgery
- Mexican Association of Endoscopic Surgery
Surgeries Performed and Pricing
Juan Arellano has performed over 1,500+ successful surgeries and has participated in 4,000 surgeries in the past 15 years.
- Gastric Sleeve Surgery – Starting at about $8,500
- Gastric Imbrication
- Gastric Bypass Surgery – Starting at about $11,000
- Gastric Banding Surgery
- Gastric Plication Surgery
- Duodenal Switch Surgery
- Revisional Surgery
Reviews and Ratings
“In the past 6 months, my weight loss has been tremendous. Dr. Arellano and his team took care of everything for me and made me feel safe and comfortable the whole time. I know that there are many god bariatric surgeons in Mexico, but I’m so glad that I chose Dr. Arellano. He gave me back my freedom to live life again.” – Gastric Bypass Surgery – February 2013. 5/5 Star Rating