Dr. Jorge Maytorena is a top-rated bariatric surgeon in Tijuana, Mexico that has over 14 years of experience. He has performed over 6,000+ successful surgeries and gained popular recognition throughout the world.
Dr. Jorge Maytoena’s weight loss surgeries usually result in patients losing about 85% to 95% of their excess weight. He also constantly checks up on patients after the surgery via social media to answer any questions or regards.
- Medical degree from UABC Faculty Medicine at Mexicali, Baja California, Mexico.
- Internship at IMSS specialty hospital #30, Mexicali, B.C, Mexico
- Four years of residency in general surgery at UNAM at General Hospital at Hermosillo, Sonora
- Completed a key fellowship in gastric banding managed by the Inarmed lap band brand
- Studied advanced laparoscopic procedures at Mexican Society of Endoscopic surgery at Tijuana, Baja California, Mexico
- Received Gastric Sleeve training at the college of metabolic and obesity surgery.
- A member of the prestigious college of general surgeons at Mexicali, B.C
- Worked under Dr. Ricardo Cohen to study gastric bypass at the San Camilp hospital in Sao Paulo, Brazil
Surgeries Performed and Pricing
- Gastric Sleeve Surgery in Mexico – Starting at $3,899
- Mini Gastric Bypass in Mexico – Ranging from $5,200 – $6,400
- Gastric Bypass Surgery in Mexico – Starting at $4,000
- Revisional Surgery in Mexico – Ranging from $4,500 – $6,000
Reviews and Ratings
“Absolutely the BEST!!! I’m almost 10 months post op and I feel AMAZING!! I am so happy I decided to make this life change to better my health I would do it all over again in a heartbeat. I would like to thank Dr. Maytorena and his team for taking such great care of me from the moment I called for information to the time I got bak home from my surgery, You all are FANTASTIC!!” – ANewermee