Dr. Jaime Ramos-Kelly is a Tijuana, Mexico Bariatric Surgeon. Dr. Kelly has recently been excused from various hospitals, including Florence Hospital and Mi Doctor Hospital. He has tons of patient reviews and surgical experience.
Jamie Ramos Kelly, MD is capable of doing various weight loss surgeries including gastric sleeve, gastric bypass, and gastric banding. He is also known to perform surgeries without the use of drains for leakage.
Education and Training
Dr. Ramos obtained his medical degree from Universidad de Guadalajara, where he graduated at the top of his class. On the side, he also completed many internships and learned from many skilled bariatric surgeons.
- January 1986 to February 1993, Universidad Autónoma de Guadalajara (UAG), Medical Degree (M. D.), Magna Cum Laude
- March 1993 to February 1997, Hospital de Especialidades Centro Medico Nacional Siglo XXI Specialization in General Surgery (4 years)
- Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México (UNAM)
- March 16, 1997 to June 15, 2000, Transplant Fellowship Michigan Transplant Institute Borgess Medical Center Kalamazoo, Michigan 49001
- June 10, 2002 to June 10, 2003, Trauma Research Fellowship, Los Angeles County Hospital + University of Southern California (LAC + USC), Healthcare Network, General Hospital, Los Angeles, CA 9033
- Member, International Association for the Surgery of Trauma and Surgical Intensive Care
- Member, Mexican College for the Surgery of Obesity A. C.
- Member, Mexican Association of Endoscopic Surgery
- Member, Mexican Association of General Surgery
- Member, Latin American Federation of Surgery
- Member, International Society of Surgery
- Member, of Tijuana Medical Board
- Member, Latin American Association of Endoscopic Surgery
- Licensed to practice Medicine in Mexico Dirección General de Profesiones Sub-Secretaria de Educación Superior e Investigación Científica Autorización No. AE- 009212
- Board Certified, The Mexican General Surgery Board
- Candidate for Fellowship of the American College of Surgeons June 1998 (ID number 03045066)
Surgeries Performed and Pricing
Dr. Ramos Kelly can perform the following weight-loss surgeries:
- Gastric Sleeve Surgery – Starting at about $4,595
- Gastric Bypass Surgery – Starting at about $5,995
- Mini Gastric Bypass Surgery – Starting at about $5,795
- Duodenal Switch Surgery – Starting at about $6,995
- Gastric Balloon – Starting at about $3,695
- Revisional Surgery
Reviews and Ratings
“It was an awesome experience. Dr. Ramos-Kelly was everything we were told and more. We were relying on his expert advice to know which surgery was best to deal with my mom’s diabetes. We were going with his recommendation and then additional testing brought some surprises. We were so grateful for the way Dr. Ramos-Kelly managed the situation. We were very comfortable at all times, he is super professional, very ethical, honest, and a great human being. His team is a reflection of him and we were treated and taken care of the like family. My mom’s blood sugar levels went down to 80 only 48 hours after surgery and it has continued. So grateful for everything. Leaving Mexico today with a lot of hope and excellent results.” – Saallum