Dr. Jacqueline Osuna performs bariatric and weight loss surgery in Tijuana, Mexico. She specializes in Gastric Sleeve and RNY bypass with over twelve years of experience in this field. She graduated from the University of Guadalajara with a medical degree and then went on to become a bariatric surgeon. Dr. Osuna Rubio worked with A Lighter Me, Specialized Bariatrics, ALO Bariatrics, and she is presently part of the exclusive surgeon network at Mexico Bariatric Center® in Hospital Mi Doctor.
Jacqueline Osuna, MD, has a passion for helping patients turn their life around; this was one of the reasons why she chose this field. With many advanced medical technologies and research these days, Dr. Osuna and her medical staffs are committed to fighting obesity. She has one of the highest success rates in weight loss surgeries, and it hasn’t dropped in over twelve years. Your life and body are why you can count on Dr. Jacqueline Osuna.
- Can speak both English and Spanish Fluently
- 10+ years in bariatric surgery
- Graduated from the University of Guadalajara
Education and Training
- Centro Universitario de Ciencias de la Salud (CUCS). Universidad de Guadalajara. Medical Degree (M.D.) Obtaining 94.04 average.
- Rotatory boarding school Hospital General Regional 46. June 2000 to June 2001. With 9.04 average
- Centro Medico Nacional de Occidente. IMSS Guadaljara Jalisco, Mexico March 2003-Febrero 2007
- Cook County Hospital Chicago Il. Cirugía de Esófago, Laparoscópica y Robótica On the charge: Dr Phillipe Donahue
- Social Service of Speciality in General Surgery: Centro Médico Nacional de Occidente Guadalajara Jalisco, Mexico March 2006-August 2006
Certifications and Memberships
- Practical Theoretical course of Basic Endoscopic Surgery, March-August 2004, Curricular value 200Hrs. Guaranteed by the Mexican Association of Endoscopic Surgery and by the IMSS
- Graduated in Laparoscopic Surgery Outpost and Bariatric Surgery, March – June 2007, Tijuana BC. Clinica 1 of the IMSS, Curricular value 420 hours Guaranteed by the Mexican Association of Endoscopic Surgery and by the IMSS
- Training in Positioning Laparoscopic Lap Band, June 2007, Tijuana BC. Clinica 1 of the IMSS, Guaranteed by Lap-Band like Surgeon Certificate on Laparoscopic positioning of Gastric Band
- Training in Metabolic Surgery and Sleeve Gastrectomy, 2007, Tijuana BC Clinica 1 of the IMSS, Guaranteed by the Mexican Association of Endoscopic Surgery and by the IMSS
Surgeries Performed and Pricing
Dr. Jacqueline Osuana is a kind-hearted bariatric surgeon that has transformed the lives of many people. She is regarded as one of the kindest surgeons in Mexico.
- Gastric Sleeve Surgery – Starting at about $4,900
- Single Incision Sleeve – Starting at about $5,900
- RNY Gastric Bypass – Starting at $5,900
Reviews and Ratings
“Dr. Jacqueline Osuna is the best surgeon ever! My experience with her is just A ++++. My surgery went so smoothly and after I literally had zero pain or discomfort! I was sleeved in February 2013 and I have had great success with my weight loss! Body Weight 211 and Current Weight 142. If Dr. Osuna sees this I want to say thank you so much for your professionalism and concern for me! Dr. Jacqueline Osuna, you are my hero! Anyone who wants to have the best Surgeon???? choose this beautiful woman! Thankful you for every day!” – Dena
“Dr. Jacqueline Osuna and her staff are excellent. Dr. Osuna was very personable yet extremely professional in explaining the entire procedure to me. She is very caring, and her bedside manner is excellent. Overall I am very impressed and would highly recommend her to anyone who is self-pay and wants to go to Mexico for the surgery. Guadalajara is beautiful!!!!” – Linda
“Dr. Jacqueline Osuna and her staff are very professional. She took the time to answer all of my questions and concerns. She has great bedside manners as well as surgical competence. And she has a great structured aftercare program. She really exceeded my expectations!” – Mary Wright
Dr. Osuna recently reunited with Mexico Bariatric Center, according to a recent news story.