Dr. Ismael Cabrera Garcia is a Tijuana, Mexico Bariatric Surgeon certified by Mexican College of Bariatric & Metabolic Surgeons (CMCOEM, AC). Dr. Ismael Cabrera Garcia is an established bariatric surgeon in Mexico, with an excellent education, and who’s experience is continuing to grow. Dr. Ismael Cabrera formerly performed weight loss surgeries with bariatric surgeon Dr. Louisiana Valenzuela.
After performing surgery as a team, Dr. Ismael Cabrera has established a reputable name on his own. Performing thousands of laparoscopic bariatric and metabolic surgeries. Dr. Ismael Cabrera has been featured on the CBC in Canada and works exclusively with Mexico Bariatric Center in Tijuana, MX.
Education and Training
- Elementary School (1986-1992) Puebla Mexico Institute of BC
- June High School (1992-1995) Puebla Mexico Institute of BC
- High School (1995-1998) Puebla Mexico Institute of BC
- University (1998-2002) UPAEP
- Internship (2002-2003) MIG specialty hospital, Mexico City
- Social Service (2003-2004) San Jose Ixtapa, Municipality of Cañada Morelos Puebla, Puebla.
- Surgery degree – CMN IMSS Hospital Northeast UMAE 25. Monterrey, Nuevo Leon.
- Advances Laparoscopy (2009-2010) Hospital Angeles Tijuana, HGR 1 IMSS Tijuana.
- Fresno Heart and Surgical Hospital – Fresno/ California 2011
Certification of participation in observation in obesity surgeries
- Hospital Angeles Tijuana – Tijuana/México 2010
Fellowship in Advanced Laparoscopy
- IMSS Hospital Specialty General Surgery Northeast UMAE 25 – Monterrey/México 2009
- General and Digestive Surgery Specialty
- University UPAEP – Puebla,/México 1998-2005 General Medicine
- Participation in the International Congress of Endocrinology, Tecnológico de Monterrey – 2001
- Attendance at the Annual Meeting of the Mexican College of Surgeons – 2006
- Participation in the International Congress of General Surgery, Guanajuato – 2008
- Theoretical and practical course, no trace Surgery Tijuana Mexico – 2008
- Course gastric band “Hospital Angeles Tijuana.” – 2008
- Poster presentation: “stapler against manual suturing in esophagojejunostomy anastomosis after total gastrectomy for gastric cancer UMAE Specialties Hospital No. 25. Monterrey, Nuevo Leon.” – 2009
- Professor in the Diploma of minimally invasive surgery “Hospital Angeles, Tijuana.” – 2009
- Lap Band Course, Hospital Angeles Tijuana – 2009
- Certification as a specialist in general surgery granted by the Mexican Board of Surgery AC – 2009
- Gastric Sleeve Course, Hospital Angeles Tijuana – 2010
- English classes, from the Autonomous University of Baja California. – 2010
- Presentation of work: “Bypass Roux-en-Y as a salvage procedure of gastric banding.” XIX International Congress of Endoscopic Surgery – 2010
- Poster presentation “Rescue surgery for failed gastric bypass to adjustable band.” – 2010
- International Congress of Endoscopic Surgery – 2010
- Participation in the XIII National Congress of Surgery of Obesity and Metabolic Diseases ACEnsenada, Baja California – 2011
- Certification of participation in Advanced Laparoscopy and Obesity Surgery March-April 2011 Fresno, California Dr. Kelvin D Higa – 2011
Surgeries Performed and Pricing
Dr. Ismael Cabrera is a board-certified surgeon that has completed over 4,500+ successful surgeries. He has transformed the lives of many people and is well known around Tijuana, Mexico.
- Gastric Sleeve Surgery – Starting at about $4,500
- Gastric Bypass Surgery – Starting at about $5,500
- Revisional Surgery
Reviews and Ratings
“Dr. Ismael Cabrera and his team were amazing to work with. I truly appreciate all their time, expertise, and care I received before, during, and after my surgery! No question went unanswered. Everyone I came in contact with was so kind and professional. Dr. Cabrera repaired a very large hiatal hernia in the process of my surgery as well, and I am off all pre-surgery medications. I am so happy with the results this far, and I look forward to seeing what the future holds in store for me. But most of all I look forward to many more years of sound health and happiness. THANK YOU!!” – Andi lynn
“I had surgery on Feb 23, 2018, with Dr. Ismael Cabrerra. He was fantastic. I’ve been very please with the results of my surgery. I have lost 96 lbs in less than 10 months and I have had virtually no complications. I am off blood pressure and acid reflux drugs! I couldn’t be more pleased!” – Duncan
“Dr. Ismael Cabrera was the bomb! Awesome doctor & care team & hospital! He came to meet us before surgery, after surgery, sent his assistant to check on us before we left. I am so glad we found him & Mexico Bariatric Center! My boss & I had surgery the same day, I was a revision, she was a vertical sleeve gastrectomy. We would do it all over again if needed. Of course, we refer anyone interested, 5 of us total have gone to him from December 16 to current. He is a lifesaver & we are doing great! Lots healthier & lots smaller! The team at Mexico Bariatric Center is the greatest & we received better care in Tijuana than we would have in the United States. The nurses were very attentive & it seemed like they even anticipated what our needs were & they were ready at all times! They were the very best! Dr. Cabrera your the best & we appreciate You!!! I will forever be grateful! If your looking for the very best in Mexico, you have now found it! I will even travel with you if you need me! I’d love to! Thank you Mexico Bariatric Center! Thank you, Dr. Cabrera! You saved my life & so many others!!! Loving my sleeve!!! Thank you! Contact me if you have any questions or need help or simply questions!!!!” – Shelly Alexander
One thought on “Dr. Ismael Cabrera, MD – Bariatric Surgeon in Tijuana, Mexico”
My experience at MBC so far has been absolutely amazing. I am still here today, but I just couldn’t wait another day to write a review! My surgeon was Dr. Cabrera and he did a fantastic job. I felt comfortable from the second I met Victor in San Diego. This surgery will change my life, and the experience has been absolutely fantastic. I would recommend this place to ANYBODY. Thank you MBC!!