Dr. Hector Perez has 10+ years of experience in the bariatric surgery field. He currently holds the senior bariatric surgeon position on his team. His body of work and reputation makes him well known all over the world. For this reason, many people come to him for bariatric surgery.
Dr. Perez made his life mission to help others fight obesity. He finds joy and pride in helping others. During the weight-loss procedure, he always wants his patients to receive the highest level of safety and care they need.
- Professional License #: 4768231
- Can speak both English and Spanish Fluently
- Board-Certified in Bariatric Surgery
- Has Bariatric Surgery training experience at the University of Miami, Mexican National University, and La Salle University
- Certified by Mexican College of Obesity Surgery and Metabolic Diseases
- General Surgeon Attending “Regional Hospital Licenciado Adolfo López Mateos” ISSSTE, March 2006 – Sep 2007.
- General Surgeon Attending “National Medical Center 20 de Noviembre”, ISSSTE, June 2007 – May 2008.
- Chief Surgeon “Bariatric Medical Center Cancun”. Hospital Victoria. May 2008 – 2017
- Chief of Surgery “Specialty Clinic Churubusco” ISSSTE, June 2008 – Jan 2009.
- Regional delegate of Quintana Roo. Mexican Association of Endoscopic Surgery, A.C. May 2009 – May 2010
- General Surgeon Attending at HGZ no. 18 Playa del Carmen, Quintana Roo, IMSS. Nov 2010 – 2017
Certifications and Memberships
- Member of the Mexican Association of Endoscopic Surgery, A.C. 2006
- Member of the International Federation for the Surgery of Obesity and Metabolic Disorders. 2008
- Member of the Mexican Association of General Surgery. 2009
- Board-certified by Mexican Council of General Surgery, July 15th, 2006, Recertified. 2012
- Member of the Mexican College of Obesity Surgery and Metabolic Diseases. 2013
- Board-certified by Mexican College of Obesity Surgery and Metabolic Diseases. 2015
Recognition and Awards
- Graduate with Honors in General Surgery at Regional Hospital Lic. Adolfo López Mateos 2006
- First position in Video Presentation on “Bypass Rescue with Lap Band” at XIX International Congress of Endoscopic Surgery 2010
Surgeries Performed and Pricing
Dr. Hector provides one of the best quality surgery one can have. With many successful surgeries and no complication afterward, many patients recommend him as one of the best bariatric surgeons out there.
- Gastric Sleeve (Vertical Sleeve Surgery, Sleeve Gastrectomy) – Starting at about $5,000
- RNY Gastric Bypass – Starting at about $6,000
- Revisional Surgery
Reviews and Ratings
“I LOVED Dr. Perez and the whole staff at Renew honestly. Dr. Perez had a wonderful bedside manner, was personable and professional. I had no complications with my surgery. Going to Mexico for surgery is a little nerve wrecking because of all of the negativity surrounding it. My family was very apprehensive about it and tried to convince me not to go but they didn’t do the research I did and…” – brandi8787