Dr. Gilberto Ungson is a bariatric surgeon practicing in Mexicali, Mexico via Mexicali Bariatric Center. He is a surgeon practicing gastric sleeve surgery, gastric bypass surgery, duodenal switch surgery, and revision surgery. According to their site, Dr. Ungson has performed over 7,000 laparoscopic surgeries.
Gilberto is regarded by his patients for his professionalism and making patients feel like they are at home during their time at Hospital Almater. Patients often said his hospital is well cleaned and the whole process felt like they were just seeing a regular doctor just like the ones back at home.
Dr. Ungson graduated at the top of his class and earned his medical degree from the Universidad Autónoma De Guadalajara. He is also the first surgeon in Mexico to perform the Duodenal Switch surgery, making him the leading expert in the duodenal switch surgery.
- Medical degree from the Universidad Autónoma De Guadalajara
- Professor of Bariatric and Laparoscopic surgery
- Director of the Obesity Surgery and Diabetes Clinic at CIMA Hospital Hermosillo, Sonora, Mexico
- Former president of the Mexican College of Bariatric and Metabolic Surgery
- Graduated from the West Medical Center of IMSS, Guadalajara, Jalisco
- Member of the surgical staff of CIMA Hospital Hermosillo, Sonora, Mexico
- Performed 7000+ laparoscopic surgical procedures
- Had training in Endoscopy of the Upper Digestive Tract INCAN
Certifications and Memberships
- IMSS Hermosillo, Cd. Obregon and Guadalajara 1979-1985
- Certified by the Mexican Board of General Surgery
- International Federation for the Surgery of Obesity (IFSO)
- Mexican College of Surgeons (AMCG)
- Mexican Society of Endoscopic Surgery (AMCE)
Surgeries Performed and Pricing
Dr. Gilberto Ungson has completed over 10,000+ successful surgeries and changed the lives of many people.
- Gastric Sleeve Surgery
- Gastric Bypass Surgery
- Gastric Banding Surgery
- Duodenal Switch Surgery
- Revisional Surgery
Dr. Gilberto Ungson Reviews and Ratings
“I was apprehensive to receive the surgery in Mexico. I had just read an article that was not favorable to the services I was requesting. I thought about all the things I have heard going wrong here in the United States and figured it was safer and cheaper to have the surgery in Mexico. I am so glad I did it. Compared to the hospitals at home, Mexicali is by far the cleanest. Other than one unfriendly nurse at the end of my stay, the staff was awesome. I have lost 53 pounds and I feel great. Thank you Dr. Ungson for all your kindness and concern during my stay. You put me at ease and calmed my nerves.” – catremacias