Dr. Francisco Gonzalez has the kindness and patience of a teacher as he is a lecturer at UABC medical school where he trains people to become bariatric surgeons. His students often regard him as of the best bariatric surgery lecturer due to his patience to explain everything in full and clear detail.
Growing up, Francisco loved studying bariatric and weight loss procedures and hopes to one day become a surgeon to help people. As he aged, he is recognized by people in the bariatric field as one of the best to perform laparoscopic surgery.
Dr. Gonzalez is known for the lap-band procedure by many people. His lap-band grew to be an impressive procedure in the bariatric field as well as his gastric sleeve surgery, gastric bypass surgery, and revisional surgery. He is the first bariatric surgeon to obtain the certification from INAMED, the provider of lap-bans in the United States.
- Speaks English and Spanish Fluently
- First bariatric surgeon to be certified by INAMED
- Known for his popular lap-band surgery
Dr. Francisco Gonzalez has been performing bariatric surgery for 25+ years. His career first started off at the Autonomous University of Guadalajara (UAG) in Guadalajara, Mexico, where he earned his medical degree. He then joined Oasis of Hope Hospital and that was when his career as a bariatric surgeon took off and has helped thousands of patients turn their life around.
He has two licenses: A General Medical license and a certified bariatric surgeon. Some statistics of how many surgeries he performed: 6,000+ successful bariatric surgeries and 4,000+ successful laparoscopic procedures.
- Medical School: 1980-1986: Degree in General Medicine From Faculty of Medicine Universidad Autonoma de Guadalajara
- Surgical Residency: 1987-1990: Residency in General Surgery Centro Medico Nacional del Noroeste, Obregon City Sonora, México
- Fellowship: 1991: Specialization in Laparoscopic Surgery Centro Medico Nacional La Raza Mexico City
- Fellowship: 1997: Certification in Advanced Bariatric Surgery Hospital General de Tijuana
- Fellowship: 2003: Certification in Advanced Bariatric Surgery Alcoy, Spain
Certifications and Memberships
- INAMED, the lone provider of FDA-approved lap bands in the United States
- Board-Certified by the Mexican Council of Surgery
- Board-Certified Bariatric Surgeon
Surgeries Performed and Pricing
Dr. Gonzalez leads a surgical team of highly trained and experienced surgeons that can perform a wide range of weight-loss surgeries at an affordable price;
- Vertical Gastric Sleeve Surgery
- Gastric Bypass Surgery
- Mini Gastric Bypass Surgery
- Revisional Weight Loss Surgery
Patient Reviews, Ratings
“Everyone was awesome and explained everything that was going on. Everyone was friendly and on their toes when I needed something. Hospital was one of the cleanest hospitals I have ever been to. So glad I chose Oasis of Hope, Dr. Gonzales and Staff.” – Heather