Dr. Arturo Martinez is a bariatric surgeon in Tijuana, Mexico. He works with Dr. Ariel Ortiz closely as a shadow learning from him as much as possible. He specializes mainly in the gastric sleeve surgery.
He was practiced medicine after becoming accredited by the Mexican Council of General Surgery in 1999, over 20 years ago. As a well-established obesity specialist, Dr. Martinez holds memberships to multiple medical institutions and obesity coalitions in Mexico and around the world. In his free time, Arturo Martinez, MD teaches and mentors at the prestigious Medical College, the Autonomous University of Baja California.
Dr. Arturo Martinez works with medical tourism provider, Obesity Control Center at the OCC Surgical Center. He considers chief surgeon, Dr. Ariel Ortiz, as his mentor and has earned many awards and certifications in the Tijuana, Mexico bariatric surgery industry over the years.
Dr. Arturo is a distinguished doctor and recognized as a “Surgeon of Excellence in Bariatric Surgery” by the Surgical Review Corporation (SRC). This is an achievement that is only awarded by a select number of the best bariatric surgeons in Mexico.
SRC certifies hospitals and doctors dedicated to bariatric surgery with the highest quality and safety standards in the United States and in different countries.
- Medical degree at the Universidad Autonoma de Baja California
- Residency in General Surgery at the Centro Medico Nacional De Especialidades “La Raza,” Instituto Mexicano Del Seguro Social in Mexico
- Medical internship in the Hospital General de Tijuana, Universidad Autonoma de Baja California in Tijuana, Mexico
- Obtained a fellowship specializing in Laparoscopic Surgery at the Hospital General de Zona No. 24, Instituto Mexicano del Seguro Social, México, Distrito Federal
- Trained in Laparoscopic procedures with advanced training in Madrid, Spain
- Enhanced his knowledge of Lapband and obesity treatments with study at the Grupo Laparoscopico de Baja California
- Assistant Professor of Basic and Advance Laparoscopic Surgery at the North-Western Training Center, Instituto Mexicano del Seguro Social in Tijuana Baja California, México
- Assistant Professor for Adjustable Gastric Band Placement Surgery and follow-up training at the Obesity Control Center in Tijuana Mexico
- Assistant Professor at the Laparoscopic Group of Baja California in Lapband workshops
Certifications and Memberships
- Board-certified in General Surgery in 1999 and is medically licensed to perform General Surgery procedures
Surgeries Performed and Pricing
Dr. Martinez Specializes in only Gastric Sleeve Surgery.
- Gastric Sleeve in Mexico – Costs starting at $5,000