Dr. Almino Ramos has dedicated his life to helping obese people fight obesity, lose weight, have a happier life, and live longer. Dr. Ramos and his team are always available and ready to support and help people lose weight.
Besides being a surgeon, his contributions to the bariatric industry also make him a well-known figure worldwide. As a new surgeon at Elias Ortiz & Co, Dr. Ramos is a patient-focused doctor that has had performed weight loss surgery since 1999.
Having bariatric surgery training from Brazil, he brought his skills to Mexico to help patients fight obesity. When he was in Brazil training for bariatric surgery, he worked his way to become the president of the Brazilian Society of Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery.
- President of the Brazilian Society of Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery
- President of the International Federation of Metabolic Disorders and Surgery of Obesity (IFSO)
- Director of Clínica Gastro Obeso Center
- Member of American Society of Bariatric and Metabolic Surgery
- A Specialist Member for The Brazilian College of Surgeons
- A Specialist Member for The Brazilian Society of Minimally Invasive and Robotic Surgery
Certifications and Memberships
- A member of Congreso, Institute of Mini Invasive Techniques
- A member of the Honorary Sovcibam, Sociedad Venezolana De Cirugía Bariatrica y Metabolic
- A member of the College of Specialists in General Surgery, Guadalajara
- Served as a Professor at The Centro America Circulation Federation and The Latin American Association of Endoscopic Surgery
- Served as a Professor at VIII International Congress of Cir. Laparoscopic Desarrollado, La Sociedad Ecuatoriana de Cirugía Laparoscópica
- Published Analysis The most admired of medicine – Surgery of the Digestive System, Editorial Analysis
- Published Analysis of Medicine Award, Analysis of Medicine Award for Nomination as One of the Most Admired in the Specialty
- FAMIS Instructor/Trainer, Fengh Academy of Minimally Invasive Surgery
Surgeries Performed and Pricing
- Gastric Sleeve Surgery – Starting at about $5,000
- Gastric Bypass Surgery – Starting at about $6,000
- Mini Gastric Bypass Surgery – Starting at about $6,000
Patient Reviews, Ratings
“Excellent professionals!!!! May God bless you… for everything you’ve done for me… forever grateful” – Samira Xavier