Dr. Alejandro Gutierrez is a general surgeon as well as a board-certified bariatric and metabolic surgeon practicing in Tijuana, Mexico. He has extensive training of Dr. Antonio López Corvala, Dr. Louisiana Valenzuela, and Dr. Ismael Cabrera.
Dr. Gutierrez has good bedside manners, a very compassionate person, and always puts his patients as the #1 priority. He speaks both English and Spanish Fluently.
About Dr. Alejandro Gutierrez
Dr. Gutierrez was born and raised in Mexicali, Mexico – although now operates in Tijuana. As a father, he enjoys spending time with his kids and family and can usually be found at the beach in Baja California.
Alejandro Gutierrez is known by others as a very competitive person. This has propelled him in the weight loss surgery industry and his certifications, credentials, and training. He is always looking for a new certification or course to take online or in-person to advance his skills.
Dr. Gutierrez is working exclusively with the top provider, Mexico Bariatric Center.
Dr. Gutierrez is one of the top bariatric surgeons operating out of the Mexico Bariatric Surgical Center in Tijuana, Mexico. He is one of the few surgeons in Mexico to have double certifications, Council of General Surgeon (CMCG), and Mexico College of Bariatric and Metabolic Surgeons (CMCOEM). Over the years he has helped thousands of patients overcome obesity and has turned their lives around.
- Fellow of the American College of Surgeons (FACS)
- Certified by the Mexican Council of General Surgeons (CMCG, AC)
- Board Certified by the Mexico College of Bariatric and Metabolic Surgeons (CMCOEM, AC)
- FACS, Fellow American College of Surgeons
- Over 3,500 Successful Bariatric Procedures Performed
- Limits Bariatric Surgeries to 3 Per Day
- Excellent bedside manners and English
Dr. Alejandro Gutierrez graduated from medical school at the top of his class and started performing laparoscopic bariatric surgery 10 years ago, and hasn’t stopped since.
- Graduate of the School of Medicine at the Autonomous University of Baja California
- Hospital Angeles Tijuana: Training in advanced laparoscopy and bariatric surgery
- Associate professor: Dr. Juan Antonio López Corvala
- Finished his education with a weight loss surgery specialty.
- General Surgeon in 2009, and started my fellowship in Bariatric Surgery.
- I lived in Guadalajara, Jalisco, and Mexico while undergoing all training as a surgeon.
- After training, I came to Tijuana, BC, Mexico, and have lived here since 2009.
- Board Certified by the Mexican Board of Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery (CMCOEM) 2019.
- Board Certified by the Mexican Board of General Surgery (CMCG) 2014.
- Mexican Association of Endoscopic Surgery
- Mexican Council of General Surgery
Personal Website: DrAlejandroGutierrez.com
Reviews and Ratings
“Dr. Gutierrez forever changed my life. January 29, 2020. Surgery day weigh in I was at 269 (I believe) currently weighing in at 163. I started my journey by booking my surgery in September of 2019. (Sleeve) The day I booked is the day I started cutting things out of my life. It was a struggle and some days I still find myself struggling. I believe I lost around 20 on my own before hand. I took two of my friends with me and both are doing incredibly well. You’ve got this!! Such a life changing experience.”
“Dr. Alejandro Gutierrez is a beautiful man inside and out. I had my gastric sleeve surgery done on June 1, 2018. Although I’m only a few weeks out, I have not had any problems whatsoever. Best decision ever! Thank you, Dr. Gutierrez! You are my hero!” – Domini Querox
“Dr. Alejandro Gutierrez is amazing. I had the privilege to meet with him before my surgery and just his confidence and soft manners put me at ease. I was at 108kg and reached my goal weight of 80kg 8.5 weeks after my surgery. Thank you to Dr. Alejandro Gutierrez and his team. You changed my life.” – Louise
“I had gastric sleeve surgery on March 23, 2017, with Dr. Alejandro Gutierrez. From the moment I arrived at the airport, and checked in at the hotel, pre-op, and surgery/recovery I was fully taken care of by Mexico Bariatric Center staff. I had an absolutely wonderful experience during my surgical stay. The nurses and doctor were extremely professional and took great care of me. I cannot thank Dr. Alejandro Gutierrez and Mexico Bariatric Center for all their hard work at making this experience wonderful!” – Victoria Cronin