Dr. Alejandro Gutierrez is a general surgeon as well as a board-certified bariatric and metabolic surgeon practicing in Tijuana, Mexico. He has extensive training of Dr. Juan Antonio López Corvala, Dr. Louisiana Valenzuela, and Dr. Ismael Cabrera.
Dr. Gutierrez has good bedside manners, a very compassionate person, and always puts his patients as the #1 priority. He speaks both English and Spanish Fluently.
About Dr. Alejandro Gutierrez
Dr. Gutierrez was born and raised in Mexicali, Mexico – although now operates in Tijuana. As a father, he enjoys spending time with his kids and family and can usually be found at the beach in Baja California.
Alejandro Gutierrez is known by others as a very competitive person. This has propelled him in the weight loss surgery industry and his certifications, credentials, and training. He is always looking for a new certification or course to take online or in-person to advance his skills.
Dr. Gutierrez is working exclusively with the top provider, Mexico Bariatric Center.
Dr. Gutierrez is one of the top bariatric surgeons operating out of the Mexico Bariatric Surgical Center in Tijuana, Mexico. He is one of the few surgeons in Mexico to have double certifications, Council of General Surgeon (CMCG), and Mexico College of Bariatric and Metabolic Surgeons (CMCOEM). Over the years he has helped thousands of patients overcome obesity and has turned their lives around.
- Fellow of the American College of Surgeons (FACS)
- Certified by the Mexican Council of General Surgeons (CMCG, AC)
- Board Certified by the Mexico College of Bariatric and Metabolic Surgeons (CMCOEM, AC)
- FACS, Fellow American College of Surgeons
- Over 3,500 Successful Bariatric Procedures Performed
- Limits Bariatric Surgeries to 3 Per Day
- Excellent bedside manners and English
Dr. Alejandro Gutierrez graduated from medical school at the top of his class and started performing laparoscopic bariatric surgery 10 years ago, and hasn’t stopped since.
- Graduate of the School of Medicine at the Autonomous University of Baja California
- Hospital Angeles Tijuana: Training in advanced laparoscopy and bariatric surgery
- Associate professor: Dr. Juan Antonio López Corvala
- Finished his education with a weight loss surgery specialty.
- General Surgeon in 2009, and started my fellowship in Bariatric Surgery.
- I lived in Guadalajara, Jalisco, and Mexico while undergoing all training as a surgeon.
- After training, I came to Tijuana, BC, Mexico, and have lived here since 2009.
- Board Certified by the Mexican Board of Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery (CMCOEM) 2019.
- Board Certified by the Mexican Board of General Surgery (CMCG) 2014.
- Mexican Association of Endoscopic Surgery
- Mexican Council of General Surgery
Personal Website: DrAlejandroGutierrez.com
Reviews and Ratings
“Dr. Gutierrez forever changed my life. January 29, 2020. Surgery day weigh in I was at 269 (I believe) currently weighing in at 163. I started my journey by booking my surgery in September of 2019. (Sleeve) The day I booked is the day I started cutting things out of my life. It was a struggle and some days I still find myself struggling. I believe I lost around 20 on my own before hand. I took two of my friends with me and both are doing incredibly well. You’ve got this!! Such a life changing experience.”
“Dr. Alejandro Gutierrez is a beautiful man inside and out. I had my gastric sleeve surgery done on June 1, 2018. Although I’m only a few weeks out, I have not had any problems whatsoever. Best decision ever! Thank you, Dr. Gutierrez! You are my hero!” – Domini Querox
“Dr. Alejandro Gutierrez is amazing. I had the privilege to meet with him before my surgery and just his confidence and soft manners put me at ease. I was at 108kg and reached my goal weight of 80kg 8.5 weeks after my surgery. Thank you to Dr. Alejandro Gutierrez and his team. You changed my life.” – Louise
“I had gastric sleeve surgery on March 23, 2017, with Dr. Alejandro Gutierrez. From the moment I arrived at the airport, and checked in at the hotel, pre-op, and surgery/recovery I was fully taken care of by Mexico Bariatric Center staff. I had an absolutely wonderful experience during my surgical stay. The nurses and doctor were extremely professional and took great care of me. I cannot thank Dr. Alejandro Gutierrez and Mexico Bariatric Center for all their hard work at making this experience wonderful!” – Victoria Cronin
11 thoughts on “Dr. Alejandro Gutierrez, MD – Bariatric Surgeon in Tijuana, Mexico”
Dr Gutierrez was absolutely amazing! He came in and introduced himself before surgery and his assistant who’s also a doctor Dr Singh. Both were amazing gentleman who went above and beyond. We woke up from surgery immediately started walking and Dr. Singh came in and checked on us frequently. Dr Singh is also the one who removed our drain tube and honestly do not be concerned about that experience at all! Most awkward feeling but no pain associated with it at all and Dr Singh was so helpful and explained everything! On our day of check out Dr Singh and Dr Gutierrez came by and checked on us and asked if we had any questions. I was more than impressed with my experience with Dr. Gutierrez and his staff!
1. Big pillow from home, the hospital pillows are awful
2. Heating pad
3. Gas x strips
4. Tip your nurses as soon as they come in shift. They will check on you more frequently and go above and beyond. They make nothing hourly. We had one nurse that had tears just from $20 bucks but he was the best nurse ever!! His name was Emanuel.
6. Your own band aids
7. A positive attitude. Not going to lie the few gals we met who were extremely negative and bitter struggled. If you stay chipper, be grateful and thank all the staff not only will they treat you better but I swear you will heal quicker. I’m a firm believer in staying positive no matter the situation.
I just had surgery on the 4th and am finally home. The experience is one you will never forget and the friends you make are for life. I’m so happy for this second chance and my only wish is I would have done it sooner! Don’t hesitate to ask me anything I’d love to help!
I came across you review while researching VSG. I am scheduled to have surgery Dec 19th with Dr. Gutierrez. I am so nervous. Any suggestions to calm my nerves?? How are doing now?
Did you tip dollar or paso?
Dr Gutierrez did my surgery Monday and he was such a wonderful man. So kind and gentle. You will love him!!
Hi I am going on the 16th of August , Dr Gutierrez will be performing my surgery. They said my surgery will be on the 18th and I will leave on the 20th. Is that too soon to leave? I am nervous enough, as I have never left the US and coming from Boston to boot by myself. Will I manage the travel home that soon after surgery by myself or should I rethink the time frame?
I am looking to do this surgery… But as u said: I never left Boston as well.
How are u doing?
How was your expectation there?
How was the surgery?
My surgery went well with Dr. Gutierrez. I had an amazing experience with the Drs, nurses and other staff.
Best surgery experience I have ever had.
I traveled by myself for this big journey and was simply 100% satisfied! My drivers and MBC staff, nurses and hospital staff, hotel staff, and my awesome Dr. G were amazing! It was well worth the trip. I would highly recommend them.
I had a very positive experience with MBC. I received the gastric sleeve. My Dr. Alejandro Gutierrez and his staff were very professional and friendly. I was informed every step of the way. They have everything worked out to the last detail so you don’t have to worry about anything. From the minute you arrive to the day you depart. The medical staff was exceptionally attentive and helpful.
I would recommend MBC and any one of the highly capable doctors for any one of the procedures you may be considering.
Very Professional, caring, nice, and knowledgeable staff.
I felt safe and cared for the entire process.
Dr. G and the staff at MBC are 2nd to none
MBC saved my life. My health, asthma and BP were all out of control. Choosing to go to MBC was very difficult and scary, but I was running out of options. I tried every diet and failed over and again. Dr. Gutierrez and his staff were amazing, compassionate and understanding. My only regret was waiting as long as I did to go. 100 pounds gone forever. Thank you Dr G and Staff!
Comments are closed.