Medical tourism in Malaysia has been increasing dramatically due to its world-class healthcare, advanced medical technology, and affordable price.
Malaysia is currently one of the top ten most popular destinations for medical tourism. Malaysia’s medical tourism is known for its quality of care for medical tourism travelers. They also have high-quality medical facilities, top-rated medical staff, and advanced medical technology.
Affordable Healthcare in Malaysia
The main difference between the US and Malaysia is that in Malaysia you don’t have to wait months to get an appointment, all you have to do is go in the hospital, sign in and take a number and wait for your turn. The medicine and prescriptions are half or even a quarter of the price of what you pay in the US.
There are also small clinics in Malaysia, where you can treat minor illnesses such as cough, flu, and cold. These clinics usually have a shorter wait time compared to hospitals. They also charge you cheaper for appointments.
Common Medical Tourism Procedures in Malaysia
Malaysia is one of the biggest medical tourism out there. They provide surgeries ranging from weight loss to plastic and cosmetic surgery.
- Bariatric Surgery
- Tummy Tuck
- Hair Transplant
- And Many More
Benefits of Malaysia for Medical Tourists
People traveling from all over the world to Malaysia for medical care usually have an all-inclusive package provided for them. These packages include transportation from airport to hospital and hotel, pre/post operation diet and care, and even includes a hotel. But most importantly, the main benefit is the cheap cost.
Safety Standards and Technology
Malaysia has one of the most top-rated hospital facilities and state of the art medical equipment. They also have high-quality patient care and follow safety standards set by the government.
Malaysia has over 10+ hospitals that are accredited by the Malaysia Society for Quality in Health
- Medical Quality: According to the World Health Organization Malaysian hospitals are similar in quality and care or even equal to those in the United States. Even medical equipment is as advanced as the United States.
- Low and Affordable Costs: The prices in Malaysia is about 50% to 75% of the cost in the United States.
- Language: In Malaysia, many top-rated surgeons are proficient English speakers.
- Insurance coverage: There are many more medical tourism insurance coverage online available. They offer things such as protection from hidden costs, last-minute trip cancellations, and many more.
- Waiting times: Waiting times in Malaysia for surgeons is never as complicated as the United States or Canada. It takes only about 2 months of checkup and background check and you are on with your surgery. They even have small clinics that treat small sicknesses and never have waiting issues. In the United States or Canada, you have to undergo a really strict background check and the process may take up to a year.
- Lack of standardization: Malaysia medical tourism doesn’t really have a standard system or measurement of how good a hospital or surgeon is compared to the United States.
- Lack of liability: Because this is in Malaysia, the law isn’t the same as in America when things go wrong.
- Location: Although affordable, traveling to Malaysia is difficult with COVID-19 travel restrictions and the fact of it being within Southeast Asia.
Malaysia medical tourism offers low and affordable surgery with the same quality as the United States. The best part is that it is also close, making travel easier.