Here is a complete list of the 15 best bariatric surgeons in Mexico* who provide affordable weight loss surgery to patients from around the world.
Low-cost bariatric surgery in Mexico is on the rise. Procedures like Gastric Sleeve Surgery (VSG), RNY Gastric Bypass, Mini Gastric Bypass, Duodenal Switch, Lap-Band, Endoscopic Sleeve Gastroplasty (ESG), and Gastric Balloon are proven to be extremely effective surgeries to lose weight and combat obesity.
Best Bariatric Surgeons in Mexico
Finding the best bariatric surgeon in Mexico can be daunting, with hundreds of doctors in Tijuana, Guadalajara, Mexicali, Piedras Negras, Reynosa, Nuevo Laredo, Monterrey, Puerto Vallarta, and Cancun. We looked at key factors including surgeon reviews, ratings, expertise, success rates, training, and certifications. Here are the top-rated weight loss surgeons in Mexico.
The following weight loss surgeons are ranked on the following metrics:
- Training and Certifications
- Overall Reliability
- Success Rates
- Reviews, Ratings
- Complication Rates
What to Look for in a Safe Bariatric Surgeon
Unfortunately shopping for weight loss surgery in Mexico online is not always easy. When it comes to finding the safest and most reliable bariatric surgeons the options can be overwhelming.
Many of the best bariatric surgeons in Mexico speak English and are proven reliable. They also have high reviews and work with high-quality medical standards.
Here are some tips to help you choose the right surgeon
- Discover Real Reviews and Testimonials – Navigating our site to uncover actual feedback and reviews is huge. This will allow you to see just how the surgeon’s aftercare program is, or if the low price they’re claiming, is truly ‘all-inclusive.’
- Certifications – There are many certifications to look for. Board-Certified in Bariatric and Metabolic Surgery is among the highest credential any bariatric surgeon in Mexico can obtain.
- Continuing Education – Look for a best-in-class bariatric surgeon who regularly attends conferences and meetings on surgical and bariatric topics. Some specializations to look for in your surgeons include;
- Laparoscopic and Minimally Invasive Operations
- Endoscopic Scar-less procedures
- Metabolic & Gastrointestinal Specialty
How to Find Top-Rated Surgeons in Mexico
Medical tourism in Mexico, especially in Tijuana, is growing rapidly with upcoming surgeons offering laparoscopic bariatric surgery at attractive prices. Currently, there are dozens of bariatric facilitators in Mexico, with the bulk of them located in Tijuana, MX, which offers weight-loss surgery.
- Do your research
- Find real reviews and testimonials
- Contact the provider
- Shop around
- Join their Facebook support ground to hear past patients’ experience
Caution: There are many surgeons that work with numerous centers in Mexico. This phenomenon can distort actual reviews and cause many bariatric patients to feel confused about finding the right doctor.
To verify doctor’s certifications in Mexico, search the Comité Normativo Nacional de Consejos de Especialidades Médicas.
There are many choices for the best bariatric surgeries available in Mexico today, including gastric sleeve, gastric bypass, duodenal switch, lap band, and other procedures. Here are a few of the standout procedures:
- Gastric Sleeve Surgery, otherwise known as vertical sleeve gastrectomy, is the most-performed option in Mexico, with all companies offering this procedure. Most patients will choose this surgery type for their medical journey.
- Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass Surgery is one of the most well-known procedures in bariatric surgery. Once the gold standard, now is the runner-up to the most popular obesity surgery, the gastric sleeve.
- Gastric Balloon is a newer, non-surgical procedure to combat obesity. This procedure involves implanting a removable balloon in the stomach to induce weight loss.
* These are solely the views of Mexico Bariatric Center®, the number one facilitator for weight loss surgery in Mexico.